Swim Test for Swimmers New to Team
We strongly advise parents not to register/pay for a child until they pass the test. If there are other children in the family who don’t need to be tested, we can sign those children up prior to the test and then add the child to be tested after the pass.
WHO MUST TAKE THE TEST?
- All first-time team members 10 and under
WHAT WILL THE CHILD ASKED TO SWIM?
- Age 5-6 Swim Test – child should complete 25 yards freestyle
For Ages 6 & Under, evaluator is making sure the child is able to swim from one end to the other safely and without using lane ropes for help or standing up in water. Stroke perfection is not required.
- Age 7-8 Swim Test – child should complete 25 yards freestyle and demonstrate backstroke.
- Age 9-10 Swim Test - child should complete 50 yards freestyle and 25 yards backstroke
For Ages 7 & Up, Evaluator is looking for ability to swim safely without assistant and ability to swim on back. Stroke perfection is not required.
Where will the Tests Take Place?
- At waterfront pool in the Adult/lap lane pool (heated pool)
When Are the Test Dates?
- Saturday April 6, Between 1 pm & 3 pm
- Saturday April 13, Between 1 pm & 3 pm
- Saturday April 20, Between 1 pm & 3 pm
- Saturday April 27, Between 1 pm & 3 pm
Each Test takes approximately 10 minutes per child.
HOW DOES A PARENT SIGN A CHILD UP FOR A SWIM TEST?
- By calling or visiting Waterfront park 904-621-8363
- No more than 3 children per quarter hour increment
- New swimmers that register after the last test date will be evaluated on an individual basis